Your Best UK Online Casinos for May 2021
Welcome to the leading source of data about online gambling in the UK! All information on this page is specially tailored to players from the UK, in fact for anyone looking for UK-specific online gambling facts.
Go through the exclusive list of top UK casinos that we have compiled for you. Read the detailed reviews for the casinos on our list and sign up with the casino of your choice. You will not be disappointed, because each of them offers exclusive bonuses that we have negotiated for you.
Our list of UK casinos is comprehensive and each casino on the list comes with the guarantee of top quality gaming thanks to the rigorous examination that our team puts them through. Read on to find the best UK online casino bonus for you.
The Top UK Online Casinos for May 2021
- Instant play casino
- No wagering requirements on free spins
- Great on-going promotions
- Wide selection of games
- Amazing VIP Loyalty benefits
- Variety of banking options
- A very well managed and supportive casino
- Excellent range of all kinds of casino games
- Wide choice of secure banking methods
- A simple website and lobby that makes playing a pleasure
- Huge number of games with some of the biggest progressive jackpots
- Fast processing of your transactions
- Fully licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- Very high level of security protection
- A huge selection of games to choose from
- Fully licensed and certified for fair play
- Excellent games software with hundreds of games
- Good choice of banking methods to fund your play
Deposit + Bonus
- International casino powered by Playtech
- Various promos including a generous startup bonus
- Multiple languages and currencies
- Licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission
- Top of the range games software from Microgaming
- Secure banking methods that are easy to use
- Casino offers more than 400 top casino games from Microgaming
- Fully licensed and regulated in jurisdiction of Malta
- Clean graphics and an attractive casino layout
Deposit + Bonus
- Website available in eight languages
- Great daily rewards
- Amazing promotions bonus wheel
- Awesome game variety and sheer volume of games
- Licensed by the Lotteries and Gaming Authority of Malta
- Fully secured, with all game payout percentages independently audited
- Free money to play without needing to deposit
- Huge game selection with very large progressive jackpots
- Licensed by the Kahnawake Gaming Commission
Deposit + Bonus
- Top pokie titles available
- Spors betting available
- Great on-going promotions
Deposit + Bonus
- Massive game library; 1200 titles
- Generous welcome bonus
- Great mobile casino available
- One hour free play bonus
- 500 casino games available
- Multiple payment options available
Deposit + Bonus
- Multiple currencies accepted
- Great, well-paying, progressive jackpots
- Instant play casino
Deposit + Bonus
- Fantastic selection of games from NetEnt
- Monthly reload bonus
- Large selection of latest slot games
- Superb Microgaming games package
- Licensed by Kahnawake and eCOGRA certified
- Top notch security
- Various banking options available
- Great mobile casino available
- Generous welcome offer
- Great progressive jackpots available
- Terrific on-going promotions
- Customer support available 24/7
- No maximum withdrawal limit
- Incredible mobile casino
- Toll-free phone support available
Why You Should Choose a UK Online Casino from Our List
If you are wondering why you should be going through OUR list and choosing a UK casino from it, here are 6 reasons to help you make the right decision.
- Practical Testing Based on Real Play All our reviews are based on fact and not on assumption. Our testers actually try out the real money mode for an actual feel of the atmosphere in the casino.
- Independent Expert Review Team The team conducting the reviews and assessments of the casinos in our database consists of professionals with years of industry experience in the content and testing/review domains.
- State-of-the-Art Casino DatabaseOur list is not a random collection of casinos; we test every casino for all parameters that you consider when picking an online casino. Only casinos that pass our stringent tests make it to our list.
- Consistent Fact-Driven Review MethodologyWe have in place established methodologies and procedures for review that are completely neutral. This ensures that the only factors that influence the outcome of a review are the qualities that the casino actually comes with.
- Emphasis on Fair Gambling PracticesWe place a high premium on fair gaming and randomness of outcome; they are major criteria for our review process. Every casino on our list guarantees completely fair gaming.
- Feedback from VisitorsWe love our audience and love to hear what they have to say. Their feedback is critical in helping us improve the quality and consistency of our casino list and overall site content.
How We Prioritise UK Online Casinos
We consider many local factors like licensing and payment methods specific to the UK when choosing UK casinos.
In addition, we consider mroe general criteria such as the overall reputationof the casino in the industry, the software used, promotions, games portfolio and more.
Overall Casino Reputation
The following are some of the points of consideration under this umbrella category.
- Casino's standing among players - Do players complain about this casino?
Reputation reflects quality. We check each casino for instances and frequency of complaints by players. Multiple complaints from players negatively impact our rating of the casino.
- Has the casino been blacklisted?
We check if a casino has been blacklisted by any of the watchdog agencies. We inform our players about any such instance, and also work with casinos to improve their ratings.
- Are the terms and conditions fair?
We examine a casino's terms and conditions minutely for hidden clauses and the overall fairness of the terms.
- Size does matter!
Revenue reflects a casino's stability and popularity; that is why this is one of our critical check points.
- Status of Casinos Belonging to the Same Operator
In situations where a casino has sister sites, we examine the other casinos as well. Their reputation has a direct impact on our rating.
Local Factors for Consideration in the United Kingdom
We take into consideration local factors as well when compiling our list of top casinos for a country.
Here are the critical local factors that we consider when listing out the top casinos in the UK.
- Does the casino accept UK players? The first local factor that we look for is whether the casino is available to UK players.
- Does the casino operate with a United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC) license? We check whether the casino operates with a license from the UKGC, without which a casino cannot offer gambling services to UK residents.
- Is the no deposit bonus at the casino available to UK players? A number of top online casinos offer no deposit bonuses that are not available to UK players. This is something we check each casino for: we favour only casinos whose no deposit bonuses are available to UK players.
- What is the level of payment support for players from the UK? The level of payment support a casino offers to players from the UK is very important. We always favour casinos that offer more UK-friendly payment methods.
- How much time does it take for withdrawals to reach a UK player? One of the biggest stumbling blocks at online casinos has been a slow withdrawal timeframe. We test every UK casino for the speed at which withdrawals reach players.
- Is the casino available in English? We value local language support tremendously and check for availability in English.
- Is the registration process fast and easy? The first step to a great casino experience is swift registration. We test every UK-friendly casino for their registration process; casinos offering quick and easy registration feature higher on our list.
Important UK Online Casino Banking Methods
Every casino on our list supports a good number of UK-friendly payment methods. The latest change to gambling laws enacted by the UKGC on April 14th, 2020 - in a bid to make gambling safer for vulnerable players - has now resulted in a ban on the use of credit cards at UK online casinos.
The following are some of the popular methods available at these casinos.
Visa Debit CardThe Visa debit card is very popular among UK online casino fans because it allows you to withdraw only what you have in your bank account. The transaction process itself is simple and deposits are swift. This card is hugely popular and available at every online casino favouring UK players.
MasterCard Debit CardMasterCard debit cards are second in popularity only to Visa debit cards at UK online casinos. Payments are secure and deposits are swift. The availability of this card for withdrawal depends on the casino you are playing at.
Maestro Debit CardThe Maestro debit card is a heady mix of the convenience of quick online payments and the security that MasterCard cards guarantee. The card is secure and connected to your bank account, guaranteeing that you will be able to withdraw only what your account has, not a penny more.
NETellerNETeller is a popular e-wallet in the UK that ensures security and easy transaction processing. Optimal Payments Plc, the parent company, is British, which means it follows the regulations laid down by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
All e-wallets work like prepaid cards in that you have to load your account, and you are able to transact only what the e-wallet has; this is true of NETeller too.
SkrillSkrill is a popular e-wallet favoured by a number of UK online casino fans. Skrill payments are swift and secured with encryption technology. A big reason for its popularity is the swift transaction speed - at many casinos, withdrawals reach your Skrill account within 24 hours of approval.
EcoPayzAnother e-wallet that has been catering to UK players since 1999 is EcoPayz. You can use it with a debit card - use the debit card to fund your EcoPayz wallet and then load the money from the wallet to your casino account. You can also load your EcoPayz account directly from your bank.
PayPalPayPal is a widely used e-wallet in the UK too. You can use this method at UK casinos to deposit as well as withdraw funds. There are fees involved, of course, but they are nominal. UK players can be assured of secure payments as PayPal is regulated by the FCA.
Instant Payments with CitadelCitadel is a Canadian payment provider that is quite popular in the UK. It has offices in the UK, which means it follows the rules of the FCA.
You don't need to sign up with Citadel, and that gives it huge credibility: it works directly with your bank account. Log in to the secure payment page with your bank username and password, select your deposit amount and pay: it is as simple as that.
PaySafeCardOne of the safest payment methods at an online casino is the prepaid card, and one of the most popular prepaid cards in the UK is PaySafeCard. PaySafeCard transactions are regulated by the FCA and therefore secure. Because it is a prepaid card, you can use it only to deposit, not withdraw.
Load the card with cash - you can do this at a local store or an online outlet - and enter the card details at the cashier. Enter the 16-digit code that the casino sends to complete the transfer.
Wire TransferA number of casinos in the UK allow withdrawals using bank wire transfer, and a few of them allow deposits as well. Wire transfers are secure but they take more time than other payment methods to complete.
BitcoinBitcoin casinos are slowly becoming popular in the UK because of the levels of security they guarantee, the anonymity factor and also the speed at which transactions are completed. The concept of 'provably fair' gaming is a huge contributor to its popularity.
Newer Payment Methods Supported at UK Online CasinosThe spectacular rise of the mobile casino has seen a spike in the number of payment methods available for mobile. We list 3 of the top mobile payment methods in the UK here.
- Pay by Mobile Phone with BokuBoku allows you to deposit through your mobile phone: just provide the casino operator your phone number and the amount you deposit is added to your mobile bill. Boku payments are secure; it is listed on the London Stock Exchange and follows all UK gambling laws.
- ApplePayA smart way to make payments through your iPhone or iPad is ApplePay. This method has been available in the UK since 2015; now it is being supported by some of the UK online casinos as well. Just add a debit card to your iOS wallet and make the payment.
- MuchBetterMuchBetter is one of the newer online payment methods available at UK online casinos. The method works only for mobile casinos and comes with a reward system - the more you deposit with it the bigger your rewards! MuchBetter is regulated by the FCA and guarantees secure payments.
5 Important Factors to Consider Playing At UK Online Casinos
The following are 5 critical factors to consider when paying at UK online casinos.
Check the Facts Carefully
Before choosing an online casino to sign up with, check the facts about the casino carefully. Read up about the casino's reputation, especially among other players. This gives you an accurate idea of how exactly the casino is. A good tool to use for this purpose is our list of casinos. We list only the best and each of these casinos is tested thoroughly for all things that UK players consider.
You DON'T HAVE to Use a Bonus: Think Before Using One!
Most UK casinos offer attractive bonuses, but remember: you don't have to use a bonus just because it is available!
Very important: Read the terms and conditions for the bonuses carefully before opting to use them. Because all bonuses come with conditions attached, and these are usually crafted to favour the casino.
Here are a few of them:
- Wagering requirements You have to wager your winnings, bonus amount or bonus+deposit a given number of times to be able to claim winnings from it. You usually end up wagering far more than you wanted to withdraw. The sole exceptions are the zero-wager and low-wager bonuses, but very few casinos offer them.
- Maximum cashout limit Imagine winning €500 with a no deposit bonus and having to settle for withdrawing just €100! That is exactly what the maximum cashout clause does: it limits the maximum you can cash out of the total winnings earned with a no deposit bonus. Some casinos tag this condition to their deposit bonuses too!
- Restricted games Most casinos curb the number of games you can play with a bonus (especially for free spins offers), including for fulfilling wagering requirements.
- Maximum bet Casinos usually limit the maximum you can bet when you are playing with bonus money, and this applies to wagering requirements fulfilment-related play too.
Never Falsify Your Personal Information
Ensure that you provide correct information about yourself when signing. Every UK casino is required to conduct checks to verify your personal details through a stringent KYC process. You are required to provide the casino with scanned copies of the following documents:
- Driver's license, passport or any government photo id as proof of identity
- Latest utility bill, usually not more than 2 months old, as proof of residence
If you provide false information you will not be able to withdraw your winnings; as simple as that!
Work with the Payment Option that Fits Your Needs
Here are a few things to keep in mind when you talk of online casino payments.
- Use a payment method that works for UK players.
- Use a method for which you have an account.
- Never use another person's account for your payments.
Always Stay in Control of Your Gambling
Remember - online casino gambling is for fun; don't look at it as a cash cow. Of course, you will win the odd big payout, but in the long run it is the casino that always wins; never forget that. Always keep in mind the following:
- Know when to quit: the best time to quit is when you are ahead.
- Understand that a winning streak isn't forever.
- Know that it takes just a couple of bets for a winning streak to switch to a losing one.
- Never chase a win: you will never be able to catch up!
Follow all the above to stay away from gambling problems. Read our page on safe and sensible gambling for more details. Also go through our page on gambling problems for further data.
New UK Online Casinos
There are a huge number of casinos that offer their games to UK players. Check our exclusive list of the latest online casinos for UK players. We list only the ones with the best bonuses, game portfolio and other features.
How UK Online Casinos Deal with Problem Gambling
Problem gambling is a huge reality in the UK today. A study commissioned by the GambleAware charity and conducted by YouGov produced some startling results: 2.7% of UK adults or roughly 1.4 million people had a gambling problem. Of course, expert opinion suggests that the actual figure is likely closer to the 0.7% put forward by the UKGC.
The UKGC study data for year to December 2019 was quite stark:
- 47% of people likely to have gambled in the past 4 weeks
- 21% of people have gambled online in the past 4 weeks
- 50% of online gamblers have used a mobile casino in the past 4 weeks
- 15% of online gamblers have gambled in the workplace
All UK online casinos are required by the UKGC to have a strict responsible gaming policy. They are required through the policy to do the following:
- Provide tools, tips and resources to help players:
- Indulge in responsible gaming
- Reduce the risk of problem gambling
UK online casinos provide a number of ways to help their players gamble responsibly. We list the best of them for you below.
Problem Gambling Organisations
All UK online casinos are required to tie up with organizations that players with problem gambling can contact. The casinos list the names of these organizations on its website. The organizations you will find the casinos associated with include, among others:
- Gamblers Anonymous UK
- Gambling Therapy
- Gordon Moody Association
- National Problem Gambling Clinic
Loss Limiting Steps
The UKGC requires all online casinos catering to UK players to adopt steps to help players set limits on different aspects of gambling. These include:
- Time spent
Thanks to this initiative, all the top UK casinos now offer you the option of setting limits for your losses and other factors mentioned above for fixed time periods. You have the option of resetting the limits once the time period expires. You can set the limits for the following time periods: 1 day, 7 days, 2 weeks or a month.
One of the most critical tools that UK online casinos are required to offer their players is the self-exclusion feature. This feature allows players to exclude themselves from the casino for a fixed time period if they feel they have a gambling problem. The exclusion timeframe can be anywhere from 3 months to a year or more.
UK Online Casino FAQs
All forms of gambling in the UK are regulated by the United Kingdom Gambling Commission (UKGC).
Online casino players from the UK get to choose from a number of payment methods that they are already familiar with when they sign up with a UK online casino. Some of the most popular deposit methods available to them are:
- Debit cards from Visa, MasterCard and Amex
- E-wallets like NETeller, Skrill, EcoPayz and PayPal, among others
- Prepaid cards like PaySafeCard
- Bitcoins (currently available at a few UK online casinos only)
All the popular payment methods that we listed for UK desktop casinos earlier are available at the UK mobile casinos too. Additionally, there are payment methods available specifically for mobile casinos, including, among others:
- Pay by phone
Unfortunately, new legislation passed by the UKGC on 14th April, 2020, forbids the use of credit cards for payments at UK online casinos. This is one of a slew of steps that the licensing and regulatory authority has taken in recent times to ensure safe gambling and protect vulnerable players.
UK online casinos are required to operate with a license from the UKGC. That is the biggest guarantee of security and fair gaming, because the UKGC has some of the most stringent regulatory guidelines that casino operators and software providers are required to follow.
There are a significant number of top-quality online casinos available to UK players currently. Each of them comes with its own advantages - some have huge game portfolios while others come with fantastic promotions. It is difficult to name one casino as the best of them all, because that finally depends on personal choices.
All the casinos that you find on our list are among the best available currently to UK players.
A number of UK online casinos tag bonus codes to the promotions they offer. There are, of course, quite a few of these casinos that don't use a bonus code to track their promotions. That choice finally depends on the casino operator and, many a time, the software provider powering the casino.
There are no 'hidden costs' associated with online casino gambling in the UK. One thing to remember, though; some payment methods may charge a nominal fee when you use them for withdrawing your winnings. At some casinos there may be a fee for deposits as well, but these are not hidden costs - they are mentioned in the banking section or in the casino's terms.
This is a trick question; the bonus is available for free, in the sense that you receive it the moment you open an account, even before you fund it. However, once you have used up the bonus and are looking to withdraw winnings that you earned with it, all UK casinos require you to make a minimum qualifying deposit into your account first. In that sense, the bonus is not totally free.
That depends finally on the casino you are playing at. Downloading the software - if the casino has a download option - is not mandatory. Downloading or playing in the instant play format: finally that is a matter of personal choice; there is no compulsion to download.
The popularity of mobile casino gaming has ensured that every desktop casino now comes with a mobile-optimized version. So yes, you will be able to play at the UK casino of your choice from your iPhone. Other devices supported include Android and Windows Phone smartphones and tablets.